Advances in Plant Genomics 2015 (APG 2015) will be using a platform especially developed for scientific events, where t opics in plant genomics will be addressed in a webinar-style auditorium with the opportunity for live Q&A at the end of each talk.
This event aims to provide an insight into the latest developments in genomic selection of plants. Focus will be given to current efforts to enhance plant resistance to disease, as well as the optimisation of plant growth for both food and biofuel. Presentations will also highlight the use of next-generation technologies and bioinformatics.
- Enhancing Plant Resistance to Disease
- Genomic Selection
- Novel Technology for Plant Functional Genomics
- Optimisation of Growth for Food and Biofuel
- Whole Genome Sequences for Crops
Confirmed Speakers to date
- Eric Olson, Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
- Goetz Hensel, Senior Scientist, Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
- Nigel Halford, Programme Leader, Rothamsted Research
- Glenn Bryan, Group Leader, The James Hutton Institute
- Tong Geon Lee, Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Endang Septiningsih, Adjunct Associate Professor, The International Rice Research Institute
- Anuj Kumar, Bioinformatician, Uttarakhand Council For Biotechnology
Call for Posters
You can also present your research on a poster while attending the meeting. Submit an abstract for consideration here. Poster Submission Deadline: 07 October 2015
- Free registration.
- Opportunity to view posters, including an interactive session with the poster presenters.
- Access to a virtual exhibit hall, to catch up with the latest technological developments in the industry via video, downloadable applications, brochures and interaction with booth staff.
- Chat functionality to view others in attendance and exchange with them privately or in open forums.