In parallel to the 9th International Wheat Conference 2015 (IWC 2015) at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney, Australia, the Wheat Breeding Technology Workshop, will take place at the following session times:
- 20 September (Sun) - 8:30am-5:30pm
- 23 September (Wed) - 1pm-5:30pm
- 25 September (Fri) - 1pm-5:30pm
This Workshop is for early career breeders and geneticists.See the entire speaker line-up here.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- impart participants with the background knowledge and practical skills required to implement crop modelling, high-throughput phenotyping, genomic selection, and speed breeding in an applied breeding program, and
- enable participants to think critically and collaboratively to develop improved breeding strategies that take advantages of these technologies. Participants will learn through lectures and interactive hands-on learning sessions lead by expert speakers. The final workshop session will consist of group discussions and brainstorming to generate innovative ideas about how to integrate diverse breeding technologies to accelerate rates of genetic gain.
Among other topics, the IBP Breeding Management System will be demonstrated within the session 'Integration of Technologies in Breeding'.
?The Crawford Fund is offering travel awards to attend the workshop to selected participants. Details are available during the registration process. For more information contact the workshop hosts: