The Agricultural Transformation by Innovation (AgTraIn) invites grant applications from doctoral candidates around the world leaving behind the 28 EU member states and EEA_EFTA states for the Erasmus Mundus Fellowships programs.
About AgTraIn Fellowships
A fully integrated three-year Ph.D. Programme with focus on:
- Agricultural development, commercialization and farmer innovation in developing countries.
- Applied research, joint supervision and mobility periods for students and staff.
- Joint research with leading research and industry organizations in Africa, Asia, Europe and South America.
Every year approximately 8-10 fellowships will be available to academically outstanding applicants. There is one annual call for applications; short-listed applicants are invited to present and discuss their proposals.
Deadline: 1st November 2014
Start date: selected doctoral candidates should expect to start their doctoral studies around 1 September of the following year.
Applications must be submitted through the online application platform:
- Applicants must have a very good second university degree (MSc degree).
- Applicants must be doctoral candidates from any countries other than the 28 EU member states and the EEA-EFTA states (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein).
- Applicants must not be a resident nor have carried out her/his main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the 28 EU member states or EEA-EFTA countries (Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein).
- Third-Country doctoral candidates, who have previously received an Erasmus Mundus Masters scholarship, can also apply.
- Applicants must be proficient in English language
For more information on research topics and other requirements, consult the document attached below and visit http://agtrain.eu/